ANNE SARAH SKJØTH (1984, Denmark)
What I do
I am currently studying at Hyper Island in Stockholm, at the Interactive Art Director program. I am focusing on developing my skills, with the aim to bridge into a more user-centered and strategic field of design. I want to take part in processes that will lead to holistic, useful and compelling solutions. My background is within visual communication, and I am driven by a strong interest in how to make human behaviour and business needs meet in a valuable and meaningful way through design.
How I work
My approach is characterised by structure and intuition. I believe design should be based more on knowledge than assumption, and that design solutions should be a correspondence between user needs and business goals. I believe in testing and prototyping, to design for the actual user.
I believe in coherence and using it as a rationale to work from, to lead the direction over personal taste. I also believe that good intuition and empathy are strong traits when it comes to identifying with users and their emotions, to be able to create relevant and forward-looking design.
Who I am
I am a creative, curious and analytical person, who likes to ask questions in order to make informed and reflected choices. Presence, empathy and honesty are among the values that I hold high. I like people. I like laughing. I like going to concerts. I sometimes like dancing. I like traveling.
Current song: Happy Ending by Alex Cameron.
Current read: Desire by Haruki Murakami.
Current dream destination: Grand Canyon National Park.
Hyper Island, Stockholm (2017-2018).
Interactive Art Director.
The Royal Danish Academy of Design, Copenhagen (2009-2012).
Master’s Degree in Visual Communication and Design.
The Royal Danish Academy of Design, Copenhagen (2007-2009).
Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communication and Design.
Exchange during studies (2009).
Edinburgh College of Art – Department of Illustration.
Inhouse digital designer, JACK & JONES/ BESTSELLER, Copenhagen.
(2012 – 2017)
- Developing overall concept for brand presence on social media platforms.
- Content strategy for CRM channels, with focus on visuals and how to create effective ROI through triggering imagery.
- Research of target audience and competitors.
- Art direction for product pictures.
- Graphic design and asset production for newsletter and social platforms.
- Development of “How to Instagram as a JACK & JONES store” guidelines, for store staff in 38 countries.
- Responsible for official Instagram account for 2 years.
- Involved in optimising processes for planning and communication across internal teams.
Concert and event organiser, Koncertklubben, Copenhagen.
Self-initiated organisation, run by me and three other women.
- Logistics and communication.
- Planning and hosting events.
- Responsible for designing event posters.
- In charge of social media campaigns and promotion.
- Escho Publishing, graphic layout of novels, 2015-2016.
- Various concert posters, photography and graphic design, 2015-2017.
- Lappland Zine, graphic design, 2016.
- The Colour Out Of Space, self-published publication, 2012.
- Be with me, artist publication design, 2012.
- Calling Out of Context, illustrated screen-printed publication, 2011.
- Illustrations sold at CMYK in Copenhagen, 2011-2012.